Dear ladies, gents, gender-benders, creatures-alike and the local librarian who always used to ask me if I have come once again to explore the “woo-woo” section
It is no secret that I am spiritual. In fact, sometimes I worry that I make this too well-known to the point where people feel like I am shoving some cliche-all-loving-energy worldview down their throats. If I have done this to you, I must apologize. I do not believe in shoving beliefs down peoples throats. Although, I know some of you enjoy that type of thing.
That being said, I have to warn you, if the words ‘Namaste’, ‘chakras’ or ‘meditation’ send shivers down your rationality-loving spine, then you better close this page because it’s about to get Ultra-Spiritual in this joint.
This is because, to a certain degree, I feel as though I have been watering myself down with self-deprecating statements and trying to make my spirituality seem logical when, let’ face it, a lot of it’s not. A lot of these things I enjoy and prescribe to simply based on intuition. So here we go. I am officially coming out of the closet. I am a dirty hippie. In fact, this an official list of all the “dirty hippie” things I subscribe to:
- The source of everything is pure loving energy.
2. Chakras are a real thing.
3. The power of crystals is a real thing. I felt it once when I was doing mushrooms at a festival okay??
4.I have tried to vegan a few times. I have failed to vegan a few times. I’m still confused about veganism.
- Meditation. Meditation. Meditation.
- Maybe some of them conspiracy theories are true. Maybe. I’m not sure.
- The Law of Attraction works (combined with inspired action and hard work)
- Plant medicines=a wonderful and healing tool
- Mermaids, faeries, ghosts? Well, let me put it this way-I once spent a day mermaid hunting and I have actually seen faeries with a friend of mine. Real faeries. No, I was not high. Yes, maybe I am mentally insane.
- Aliens. Starseeds. Plaedians. Grays. Reptillians. Yes to all that shit. Yes. Yes. Yes.
- The main reason we suffer is that we think we are separate and we identify with our egos.
I’m doing this because I’m tired. I’m tired of feeling awkward about being who I am and feeling like people are just going to assume I am some idiot who likes ‘woo-woo’ stuff.
You, of course, have the freedom to think I’m crazy, or stupid. You have the total right to. In fact, there are times when I think I am crazy. I could be.
All I know is that if I don’t fully walk down this path, if I don’t fully embrace who I am and what calls to me without hiding it for fear of people thinking I’m some airy-fairy hippie, I am going to regret it forever.
I might wake up one day as some full-blown atheist thinking, ‘What an idiot,’ and you know what? That’s okay.
I can not live in these stringent lines drawn by my mind anymore. My intuition and inner being are screaming for freedom and so here I am; a crystal-loving, tripping, nature-loving, tree-hugging hippie.
So…I guess all I have left to say is: Love and light motherfuck-aaahs.